Human Resources is not just hiring, firing and keeping personnel files. It is creating and cultivating a positive work environment through the implementation of a solid HR foundation.
Positive morale and company buy-in does not happen overnight, but you can start by implementing the following practices:
Policy Manuals and Employee Handbooks should always demonstrate:
- Fair & consistent employee treatment
- Expectations of your employees
- Safety policies and procedures
- Company specific benefits
- Your employees’ rights
Well-written, company specific handbooks and policy manuals are imperative for open communication between employees and employers.
- Create and Live By Policies
- Clearly Relate Your Expectations
- Treat All Employees as “Stock Holders”
- Provide Good Communications